Monday, October 17, 2011

Things That Were Texted to Me

A friend on vacation texts me about watching the pelicans, cormorants, and gulls fishing in the ocean. She says that's way too much work, and they should just go to the local buffet, lol. She follows that shortly with her nephew's comment, "How do you think the fish feels? He's swimming along and then...whoosh! 'I'm flying!'"

"Going to a Southern Baptist school is like going to a Cowboys fans school. They manage to bring it up in EVERY conversation/lesson, even when it has nothing to do with what's going on."

"I'm at Walmart. Girl is wearing gray see-through leggings and a pink thong. She isn't small." (Of course I immediately suggested she get a picture for the People-of-Walmart website! Duh!)

Texts you don't want to get from your daughter:
"Apparently my underwear helps my pants stay up. I'm wearing a thong today and they slip down more than usual."
"Do YOU know what it feels like to straddle a 31 degree keg in shorts? I do! :)" [In her defense, she works bar-back for a restaurant. But it sounds so bad!]

No comments:

Post a Comment